1. literally "success" in the Klingon language from the TV series Star Trek, often used as an exclamation.
2. a farewell, equivalent to "good luck" or "may you be successful" spoken upon parting company
1. Qapla'! I've found my car keys at last!
2. I'm sorry to see you go, but I wish you the best. Qapla'!
Tacomatism(n): 1. the art of fucking things up at the last possible minute, as practiced to perfection by the residents of the city of Tacoma, WA and its outlying regions. 2. an equation which states that one's rate of success varies in direct proportion with one's potential to self-sabotage, and one's proximity to downtown Tacoma. The effect on others is not a variable in this equation, and is not taken into account.
1. Garth's tacomatism landed him in rehab just on the verge of a huge record deal.
2.Stephen has been showing signs of tacomatism ever since he moved into that apartment on Division St.; he seems to fuck himself over every time something good comes along.
1. insult: similar to dumbass, doofus, dork, idiot, dipshit, etc.
2. insult: specifically someone of privileged, wealthy, or othewise sheltered upbringing who lacks practical experience and street smarts and as a result comes off as an idiot when faced with real-world challenges
1. That kid we went camping with put his tent right next to the fire and the whole side of it melted. What a doughass.